FREE SHIPPING on orders over $100
Order by Phone 800-483-2532
Safe & Secure online shopping
Sustained Release electrolytes. ReplaceSR is a balanced formulation of electrolytes, which can be taken prior to or upon completion of rigorous and prolonged physical exertion. The sustained release enables you to manage just your fluid consumption according to thirst.
- Electrolytes are positively or negatively charged ions which conduct electrical activity.
- Electrolyte concentrations are tightly regulated by the body (homeostasis) to maintain fluid balance, muscle contraction, and neural activity.
- Fluid loss from perspiration is accompanied by loss of electrolytes, especially sodium and chloride.
- Prolonged exercise leads to progressively greater losses of electrolytes, including potassium and magnesium.
- Plasma sodium concentrations are usually in the range of 135 – 150 mmol/L, with mild hyponatremia (symptoms include muscle cramping, muscle weakness, loss of appetite) occurring below 135 mmol/L.
- Severe hyponatremia (plasma sodium below 130 mmol/L) is associated with confusion, nausea, headaches, and potentially fatal cerebral edema. Cerebral edema has occurred in greater frequency in endurance athletes who compete for greater than 4 hours while consuming large quantities of fluid which exceed sweat and urine loss.
- Fluid replacement (rehydration) is limited by blood concentrations of sodium, which must be restored in order to achieve full fluid balance.
- Greater volumes of fluid replacement (> 6% body weight) take many hours to achieve full fluid/electrolyte homeostasis, up to 4 hours after your first full meal.
- Although electrolytes can be replaced by eating salty foods, electrolyte supplements are useful for more rapidly restoring the fluid/electrolyte balance.
Suggested Use: As an electrolyte replacement, take one to three tablets with a large glass of water one-half hour prior to physical exertion which results in heavy fluid loss. Dose depends upon duration of activity and volume of fluid loss.
Electrolyte replacement tablets can also be taken post fluid loss, to aid in the recovery of electrolyte and fluid homeostasis.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage without consulting your physician or team doctor.
Remember to drink plenty of water according to thirst.