Supplements are a fantastic way to add nutrients to your diet and help you maintain a healthy immune system. If you’re like many people, you take multiple supplements to support different areas of your health and likely added to that regimen in 2020.
Industry leaders report that millions of Americans started taking a multivitamin, vitamin C, and other supplements during the Covid-19 pandemic and plan to continue taking them.
To help you continue this healthy habit, this article offers five ways you can save money on supplements without compromising quality.
1. Ask your doctor which supplements you need most. Not everyone needs the same health support, so we don’t all need the same supplements. Vitamin D is a great example. Harvard Health finds that we are at much higher risk for vitamin D deficiency if we live above the 37th parallel, which runs across the country from San Francisco to Richmond, VA. Your doctor can recommend supplements based on your diet, age, overall health, and where you live.
2. Ask your health care provider for supplement prescriptions. The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act removed restrictions for using your health savings account (HSA), flexible spending account (FSA), or health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) to pay for over-the-counter drugs. However, you still need a prescription to use these funds for vitamins and supplements.
3. Choose sustained-release supplements. With immediate-release supplements, the nutrients you’re paying for release into the body all at once and are most are quickly eliminated through urine. Your body needs time to absorb the nutrients from supplements as it would nutrients from food.
Our extended-release tablets are designed to mimic food digestion, releasing nutrients slowly over 5-8 hours for optimal absorption. Our proprietary technology features a vegetable-based wax tablet core (matrix) and a special cold-extrusion process that embeds the nutrients evenly throughout the tablet core. Because the tablet core dissolves slowly in your intestine, your body has ample time to absorb the nutrients. This delivery system may also reduce digestive upset and the flushing sensation related to high-dose niacin.
4. Join a subscription program for reduced prices. We offer a “subscribe & save” program that gives our customers 10% off every shipment. With our program, you can also choose when you would like your next shipment to be sent; it doesn’t have to be monthly. With subscription services, you save money and won’t run out of your favorite supplements.
5. Get insider specials by signing up for communication. Most brands offer either an immediate discount for joining their email list or send a coupon after confirming your email. You may also get a discount code for joining social media channels. In addition to instant savings, you’ll be alerted to all upcoming sales through these communication channels.
We hope these tips help you save money on your favorite supplements or perhaps add one that’s been on your wish list.
To get our insider specials, please sign up for our newsletter or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.Cheers to your best health!