Two weeks ago, we wrote about what to do when you overeat. If you missed it, you can read it here. When you eat too much, you can get into a “food coma” and feel sleepy.
One of our suggestions was stretching. Some stretches encourage blood flow and help promote digestion. That’s exactly what you need after holiday meals!
These are four stretches that can help your body process food so you can feel better faster.
- Start sitting on the ground facing a wall.
- Lay back and swing your legs up against the wall.
- Take slow deep breaths for a few minutes.
- Sit cross-legged on the floor. Take a deep breath and straighten your back.
- Slowly twist to the left side and place your left palm flat on the ground behind you. Let the right hand rest on your left knee.
- Slowly release and come back to the center. Repeat for the other side.
- Start by laying flat on your back.
- Bend your knees and bring the soles of your feet together. Your knees should be pointing away from your body.
- Place your arms on the ground, palms up. Stay in position for a couple of minutes.
Knee to Chest
- Lay with your back flat to the ground and legs extended.
- Bend your left knee to your chest and support with both hands. Deep breaths. Hold for a minute and switch.
These stretches will sure come in handy after those holiday dinners, but are great for anytime you eat a little too much. Let us know what your favorite stretch is on our Instagram.